Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"God is the source of true joy."

G.K. Chesterton said, "Joy is the gigantic secret of the Christian."  Pope Benedict's Message for World Youth Day 2012 is focused on Christian joy and man, is it good!  Please read the whole thing if you can because it is well worth it.  Joy is necessary for effective evangelization and we Christians have much to be joyful about: 
Whatever brings us true joy, whether the small joys of each day or the greatest joys in life, has its source in God, even if this does not seem immediately obvious. This is because God is a communion of eternal love, he is infinite joy that does not remain closed in on itself, but expands to embrace all whom God loves and who love him. God created us in his image out of love, in order to shower his love upon us and to fill us with his presence and grace. God wants us to share in his own divine and eternal joy, and he helps us to see that the deepest meaning and value of our lives lie in being accepted, welcomed and loved by him. Whereas we sometimes find it hard to accept others, God offers us an unconditional acceptance which enables us to say: “I am loved; I have a place in the world and in history; I am personally loved by God. If God accepts me and loves me and I am sure of this, then I know clearly and with certainty that it is a good thing that I am alive”.
Read it all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment