Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fr. Michael Scanlan Retiring

Franciscan University of Steubenville announced today that Fr. Michael Scanlan will be retiring at the end of June.  I couldn't go without mentioning this here because Fr. Scanlan played such an incredibly pivotal role in making Steubenville what it is today by the grace of God and being at the university had a big impact on my life.  I feel so blessed to have been there while Fr. Scanlan was there and I remember everytime I saw him walking around campus and interacting with students he was always so joyful and humble.  I know it will be a strange thing for the university community not to see him there everyday anymore. 
This news also calls to mind how grateful I am for the wonderful priests that I have had the blessing of encountering throughout my life.  The priesthood is such a marvelous blessing from the Lord and I simply must say thank you to all the men who have answered the call of Christ to become fishers of men.  A simple thank you is all I can offer because nothing could ever measure up to the profound gift you have given me in giving your life to bring Jesus to me.  Thank you.

Read the press release about Fr. Scanlan's retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment